Coorong Waterfront Retreat makes the perfect base for bird watching and other activities in and around the Coorong National Park.
The Coorong is internationally renowned for waterfowl and is a major breeding ground for pelicans, ducks, swans and ibis. During the warmer months the Coorong becomes home to thousands of migratory birds such as sandpipers, stilts and stints.
From Coorong Waterfront Retreat you can:
- Drive to the Pelican observatory and breeding grounds at Jacks Point,
- Observe the wildlife on one of the many walks in the Coorong National Park,
- View the Mallee fowl nest accessed via the Loop Road at Salt Creek,
- Take a drive along Seven Mile Road to view the birdlife along this waterfront,
- Take advantage of the two kayaks provided at Coorong Waterfront Retreat and observe the birdlife from the water.
- Or simply use the spottingscope provided to view the variety of waterbirds from the comfort of the Retreat.